Wednesday, August 20, 2008

about Clarence Seward Darrow


I read his diary in Chinese version when I was in high school. Now I borrow a English version from my friend. I mean Darrow is a person that I will always think about. He is a actualist and a idealist at the same time.

It is so hard for a person to keep his faith, especially to a lawyer. After seemed so many darkside of humanity, Darrow still flighted for his idea, he had a strong spirit.

"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else" is a quote from him, and it makes me thinking.

In Canada, we always talk about "country". Instead of criticize other, we should criticize ourselves.

The movie " the Dreamers" remind me about the youth's passion. However, the gap between dream and fact are always make people uncomfortable.

I should leran from Darrow to be an energetic person .

No comments: